A robust guided reading programme that helps children master fluency and deepen comprehension, giving you everything you need to help them.
What makes Bug Club Comprehension so special?
- Online Teacher Toolkit packed with planning and teaching support, and professional development videos and ideas for effective guided reading support.
- Printable Activities for supporting or extending understanding are available in the online toolkit.
- Weekly Teaching Cards structure each day’s activity, and help you to facilitate deep discussion around text, and identify and assess comprehension strategies in use.
- Beautifully Designed Texts covering a variety of genres and formats to keep all children in your class engaged. Includes poems, historical fiction, stories with humour and non-fiction articles.
- Audio eBooks. Every key text is available as an audio eBook in the online reading world, making it accessible to all children regardless of decoding ability. These can also be allocated easily to each child in the online teacher toolkit for reading at home and in the classroom.
- Pupil Workbooks structure the work around each text to move children’s comprehension on and develop their vocabulary, and provide an opportunity for meaningful formative assessment and evidence collection.
- Teacher Handbook provides a wealth of information on the pedagogical basis of the programme, alongside curriculum mapping, assessment advice, photocopiable record sheets, and case studies.