Phonics Bug meets 100% of the Department for Education in England (DfE) criteria for teaching systematic synthetic phonics and helps children succeed in their screening check to boot.
What makes Phonics Bug so special?
- Fiction and non-fiction printed books. Fun, varied and packed with humour, each book is 100% decodable so your children will be able to read them independently after learning just eight phonemes.
- eBooks on Bug Club’s online reading world. With the same great artwork as the printed book in a simple online interface, these eBooks are a great way to encourage even the most reluctant readers and they’re perfect for use at home too. Each eBook has audio narration to help with pronunciation when children are reading independently and parent notes are personalised for each child so parents can offer exactly the right level of help and encouragement to their child as they practise reading at home.
- Interactive phonics lessons for whole-class teaching. Each lesson begins with a short video from the BBC CBeebies Words and Pictures series which allows your children to hear the sound pronounced correctly and see how the letter is formed. Fun animations and songs help ensure they remember what they’ve learned. Next, there are lots of whole-class whiteboard activities to help your class practise their reading, spelling and writing skills, before they move on to independent work either in groups or individually.
- Teaching Resources and Support. Includes everythingyou need to run the whole programme, from instructions and tips, to plans, assessment sheets, worksheets, photocopiables and much more.
- Phonics Bug Prepare and Assess toolkit. Keep all children on track with their phonics learning and have lots of fun along the way with this online assessment toolkit and printed tests. Familiarise children with the tricky concept of non-words with a selection of online games. Ease them into testing with a handy book of mock tests so they never feel out of their depth. Save precious preparation time with the fun word generator with interactive whiteboard tests.